Stay in a Pub – Spring News
Newsletter | Pub | Pub Accommodation | Uk Pubs | Posted 2018.02.21
Before activity increases in the Spring we thought we would update you on our plans for the coming months.
We have a target to increase unique users to 100,000 a month within 2 years – that’s 1.2 million unique visitors looking at multiple pubs a year! How will we achieve this? By focusing on outdoor activities such as walking, cycling, golf and by targeting pub accommodation in these areas.
- Paid advertisements on websites
- Communicating with trade writers and press journalists
- Working closely with Visit England & Visit Britain
- Creating awareness with CAMRA membership
- Running monthly consumer competitions
- Creating two-way links with local activities highlighted on the ‘Things to Do’ section of each pub
- Social media engagement
Stay in a Pub are part of a project team with funding of £1.2 million to promote 7 Great Walking Trails. This is targeted at inbound tourists focused on Holland, Germany & the USA. We will be promoting the pubs as a place to Eat, Drink & Stay. To date we have:
- Identified Cask Marque & Stay in a Pub pubs within 5kms of each trail
- Supplied copy & images to go in the trade show brochures being held in Newcastle (1-2 March), Utrecht (2-4 March) & Berlin (7-11 March)
- Created 14 ale trails from the 7 walks that will be part of the CaskFinder App
Currently, 13% of our website visitors come from abroad from over 100 countries every month and we should be able to build on this success.
More & more pubs are notifying us of their special offers which we can use to drive more direct clicks to your website. Keep us updated with your seasonal menus as this will be of interest to consumers.
Pay No Commission
Fully listed pubs pay no commission on bookings as we link directly to your website. Sadly 30% of pubs are paying booking websites (OTA’s) between 16-20% commission on their bookings. A full listing with us currently costs just £2 a week.
Take a look at our new fully listed pubs added recently. The industry is really waking up to the importance of consumers booking directly. Our Instagram feed showcases our fabulous pubs, their food, drink and interiors.
We welcome any feedback on our website and if you would like further information about being fully listed, with all the benefits this will bring please get in touch at [email protected]. Once again thanks for your support.