News | Newsletter | Posted 2019.04.24
Improved Website Now Live
Following the feedback we receive from consumers we continue to invest in our product to improve the consumer booking journey. Our latest deployment includes:
- The “Check Availability & Book” button on each listing will now remain visible on a mobile device at all times which will increase clicks to book. 41% of visitors to the website are doing so from a mobile phone and this figure is rising.
- This button has also changed from purple to orange. Research we carried out told us this is currently the most appealing colour
- We have added a text statement to our homepage to further enhance our search rankings and to improve the customer experience
- A search criteria has been added for popular National Parks
Consumers can now book 85% of our pubs online, up from 60% just 12 months ago. Please email [email protected] with any feedback.
Bookings from Around the World
16% of the consumers who currently visit the website come from abroad, from over 100 countries each month. In March we received multiple bookings from New Zealand, Canada, USA, Spain, Vietnam, Italy, Sweden, Netherlands, Australia, Singapore, Germany and Luxembourg.
Help Promote Stay in a Pub
We are driven to make Stay in a Pub the “go to” website to book pub accommodation. If you would like us to send you some of our consumer cards to leave on your bar or in your bedrooms please email [email protected] – doing so will help promote all the pubs listed. We continue to promote the “BOOK DIRECT IS BEST” message to consumers to help reduce your costly commission fees.
We are working closely with a number of bloggers who showcase Stay in a Pub – a recent review can be read here. A special mention to “Paws Across Britain” who visit and review our fabulous dog-friendly pubs and who helped to promote our recent competition at Crufts. If you would like a blogger introduction please contact [email protected].
Social Media Competitions
We now run regular competitions on our social media platforms to help promote our pubs and pub groups. We have worked with Butcombe Brewery, HRH Group, Brains, Fuller’s and several individual pubs. We design all the artwork and our social media team maximise exposure – all we ask is for you to provide a great prize. As an example, a competition to win a stay at a fantastic Butcombe increased their Instagram followers by 48%.
Our most recent competition gave consumers the chance to win a 3 night Cotswold Safari and next month we are teaming up with Peach Pubs.
We are pleased to announce a partnership with Eviivo. Eviivo work with over 16,000 independent properties worldwide, from pubs with rooms, inns and quirky places to stay. All pubs with an Eviivo booking platform can track the value of their bookings coming from our website.
Eviivo’s award-winning booking software ‘Eviivo suite’ puts you in control of everything from your booking diary to your payments, promos, and guest communications. Eviivo suite also manages OTAs for you – connecting to Stay in a Pub along with all the major OTAs, whilst avoiding overbookings!
Become a Fully Listed Pub
If you would like further information about being “Fully Listed” please contact [email protected].
These pubs benefit from:
- A link set up directly through to your website so you own the customer rather than a booking platform
- No commission on bookings
- Social media support
- A high regional search rank helping to generate twice the views of our other listings
- Promotion of seasonal offers and menus
- Monthly consumers statistics reports so you can track consumer interest