Type Pub B&B
£80 - £140 per room per night
Situated in Sissinghurst, one of the most picturesque corners of Kent, The Milk House is a village pub at the heart of the community.
A former 16th century hall house, with timber beams and a Tudor fireplace, the bar is popular with loyal locals, along with visitors from further afield, offering cask ales from Kentish breweries and a wide selection of wines that include offerings from the area’s renowned vineyards.
The Milk House prides itself on its food offering a menu that changes with the seasons and uses only the freshest produce from local suppliers. Alongside a seasonal Dining Menu, The Milk House offers a range of classic pub fare and a light Grazing Menu. On Sunday there’s a choice of delicious roasts and there are wholesome choices for children too.
The sun-soaked terrace at The Milk House is a great place to while away the summer months. It’s home to a traditional wood-fired pizza oven serving homemade pizzas topped with local charcuterie, cheese, seasonal vegetables and fresh herbs. They’re accompanied best with a cold bottled beer, jug of Pimm’s or glass of rosé from the outside ‘Hopper Hut’ bar, inspired by the temporary huts provided for hop-pickers on Kentish farms in the 19th century.
For those who want to spend a little more time in the village, The Milk House also has four beautiful bedrooms. Spacious and light, these have been styled to feel relaxing and home-from-home, with comfortable beds, luxurious en-suite bathrooms and scenic views of the village and surrounding orchards. Sissinghurst is the perfect place for a weekend getaway, with the historic castle and gardens just half a mile's walk from The Milk House.
- Kent Life Food & Drink Awards 2014 - Newcomer of the Year
- Love Where We Live Awards 2014 - Ethical Business Award
- Visit Kent Breakfast Award 2014-
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2014-
- Taste of Kent Awards 2015 - Kent Dining Pub of the Year
- Beautiful South Tourism Award 2015 & 2016
- Sissinghurst Conservation Area Award 2016
- Muddy Stilettos Awards 2016 - Best Boutique Stay Kent Nominated & Best Destination Dining Pub in Kent Nominated
- Michelin Guide 2014-
- Michelin Eating out in Pubs 2014-
- Alastair Sawday's British Hotels and Inns 2014-
- The Good Hotel Guide 2014-
- The Good Pub Guide 2014-
- Country and Townhouse Magazine Guide to Great British Hotels 2014-
- Kent Food and Drink Guide 2014-
- Produced In Kent 2014-
- Visit Kent 2014-
- Tourism South East Great Country Pubs 2014-
For more information about this pub please click the purple button which leads directly to their website.
69 Results Found
The Milk House Special Offers
Planning an Autumn escape? Sometimes we all need an excuse to get away from it all, so here’s something to tempt… a glass of bubbles to tickle your taste buds, a big bouncy bed with beautiful linen and hearty breakfasts each morning. The special stays offer includes two nights, Prosecco and breakfast for just £150 at The Milk House, or their sister pub The Barrow House in Egerton. So click the purple button head to their website and book using code AUTUMN17 and start planning your visit to the Garden of England!Offer expires 21 December 2017, terms & conditions may apply.