Blists Hill Victorian TownShropshire Category Food and Drink, Outdoor Activities, Museums & Galleries, For the Family, For the Kids, For Adults, Historic Sites
Experience life as it was over 100 years ago through the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of a recreated Victorian Town.
Victorian characters will give you a fascinating insight into Victorian life as they go about their daily lives in their cottages, shops and places of work.
• Exchange your money at the Bank into pounds, shillings and pence.
• Try some of our traditionally cooked fish and chips or delicious bread from the bakery.
• Find out about curious remedies in the Victorian Pharmacy.
• Admire the products on sale in the Grocers and the General Drapers and Outfitter.
• Choose from a range of ‘old favourites’ in the sweetshop.
• Have fun at the Victorian Fairground during the Summer season.
• Take a look inside Victorian cottages and discover what life was like for a Victorian housewife.
• Dress up in Victorian costume to have an unforgettable portrait taken at the photographers.
• Meet the animals and enjoy a journey around the town on a horse and cart.
• Witness traditional skills in action at the printers, candle makers and decorative plasterers.
• Explore original industrial monuments such as the Hay Inclined Plane and Blast Furnaces.
You should allow 2 - 4 hours for a visit to Blists Hill Victorian Town. The site covers an area of 52 acres and is mostly outdoors. You will need to be adequately dressed for the weather as well as for walking on unmade roads.
Top Tip - as there is no cash point machine at Blists Hill Victorian Town, if you want to buy goods in the historic exhibits, please bring along some cash.