Queenswood Country Park & ArboretumNr. Leominster Category
Explore one of Herefordshire’s most popular woodlands.
Sitting atop Dinmore Hill, Queenswood Country Park and Arboretum features carpets of spring flowers, wild orchids, spectacular autumn colours, way-marked trails and easy access paths, a sculpture trail, picnic site and children’s play area, historic timber-framed buildings and a viewpoint offering stunning panoramic views over the surrounding countryside.
The arboretum, which was created in 1953, has over 1200 exotic and rare trees from around the world and is regarded as one of the finest collections of young trees in the country. It features a collection of the statuesque Californian Redwoods, an avenue of 40 different species of Oak and the Autumn Garden, where Japanese Maples display their magnificent coloured foliage in October. Surrounding the arboretum is 123 acres of semi-natural ancient woodland, designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest and a Local Nature Reserve.
Away from the picnic area and the buildings, the woods are a great place for quiet relaxation and meditation, where you can connect with the natural world and unwind from the pressures of daily life.
Queenswood constantly changes throughout the seasons, meaning your visits will never be the same twice.
The Park’s facilities
• Arboretum, containing over 1200 specimens of exotic trees and shrubs
• Woodland nature reserve
• Easy access paths and way marked trails, including ‘Animals of the Forest’ sculpture trail
• View point with panoramic views from the Malvern Hills in the east across to the Black Mountains in the west
• Picnic area and barbecue facilities
• Children’s adventure play area
• Electric mobility vehicles are available (subject to weather) for hire to help you explore the arboretum – to book them please contact the Queenswood Information Centre & National Trust shop (Tel: 01568 797853)
• Information Point & National Trust Shop open daily between Easter and Christmas for visitor information, Country Park & Arboretum guides and gifts (Tel: 01568 797853)
• Café serving snacks, ice creams and hot meals. The opening times may vary so please contact the proprietor to book a table or check the cafe will be open during your visit (Tel: 01568 797880)
• Toilets including disabled toilet and baby changing facilities