Boating in DedhamDedham Category Outdoor Activities
For many years dating back to the nineteen hundreds, Dedham has been known as the place to hire a Rowing Boat. We have carried on that tradition and have 26 Clinker built Rowing Boats all for hire from 30 minutes to an hour or more for a leisurely row along the river Stour.
Flatford Mill, the Mill made famous by John Constable is just a mile and a half row along the river if you are feeling energetic.
For those of you that would prefer an Ice Cream, drink or snack our kiosk is the ideal option with outside seating available.
• Open 6 days a week during April (closed Friday 26th April), May & June.
• Open Bank Holiday Mondays and School Holidays.
•July & August open 7 days a week.
PLEASE PHONE AHEAD TO CHECK WE ARE OPEN AS OPENING HOURS ARE WEATHER PERMITTING 01206 323153
• The Boats can hold 4 adults or 2/3 adults and 2 children depending on their age.
• N.B. WE ONLY ACCEPT CASH FOR BOAT HIRE.
• 1st - 14th April Open 7 days per week (CLOSED MONDAY 8TH APRIL)
• Normal hours 10am - 5pm (last Boat goes out for an hour at 4pm)
Lifejackets are not provided as Boats are hired at the customer’s own risk and conditions of hire can be found on the reverse of the hire tickets and on the boards on the kiosk and jetty, which must be read and adhered to for safety reasons.